Soprano Anna Netrebko announces separation from tenor Yusif Eyvazov
Soprano Anna Netrebko announces separation from tenor Yusif Eyvazov
Soprano Anna Netrebko and tenor Yusif Eyvazov have separated.
The couple had been together since 2014, when they appeared together in Puccini’s “Manon Lescaut” at Rome’s Teatro dell’Opera. They married in 2015.
Updated - Test BSP-2636
What to know about the 2024 Election
- Democracy: American democracy has overcome big stress tests since the 2020 election. More challenges lie ahead in 2024.
- AP’s Role: The Associated Press is the most trusted source of information on election night, with a history of accuracy dating to 1848. Learn more.
- Read the latest: Follow AP’s complete coverage of this year’s election.
“After 10 happy years together, we have made the difficult but amicable decision to separate,” Netrebko and Eyvazov said in a statement issued Wednesday by her London-based manager. “We will remain wonderful friends, united in our love for Tiago, and look forward to our announced and future stage collaborations.”
Netrebko, 52, has a 15-year-old son, Tiago, from her relationship with bass-baritone Erwin Schrott, her partner from 2007-2013.
Netrebko was dropped by New York’s Metropolitan Opera in 2022 because the company said she did not repudiate Russian President Vladimir Putin following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. She has sued the Met and general manager Peter Gelb, alleging defamation and breach of contract.